Plot & Details
A teenager learns both the upsides and downsides of upsetting the status quo in this comedy. Eddie Gilman (Ezra Miller) is a high school student who has great ambitions of becoming a journalist and wants to write for the school newspaper. However, Eddie is low on the school's social pecking order, and when he angers the paper's self-centered editor, Gavin Riley (Jesse McCartney), he's bumped from their staff. Determined to have his say, Eddie starts his own underground paper, "The Gonzo Files," which tells the messy truth about campus stories and dispels the lies spread about some of the student body. Eddie and his staff -- including fellow geeky outcasts Scheenman (Edward Gelbinovich), Horny Rob (Griffin Newman) and Ming Na (Stefanie Y. Hong), and gossip victim Evie (Zoë Kravitz) -- become heroes at the school as "The Gonzo Files" becomes a hit, but Eddie's new popularity goes to his head, and he ends up on the other side of the same sort of rumors he wrote about himself. Also starring Amy Sedaris and Campbell Scott as Eddie's mom and dad, Beware the Gonzo was an official selection at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/09/2011
- DVD Release Date: 01/24/2012
- Distributor(s): Corner Stone Entertainment, Tribeca Film
- Director(s): Bryan Goluboff
- Starring: Ezra Miller , Jesse McCartney , James Urbaniak , Amy Sedaris , Judah Friedlander
- Themes: Underdogs,High School Life,Success is the Best Revenge,Writer's Life,Misfits and Outsiders,Teen Angst
- Tone: Satirical,Witty
- Keywords: high-school, newspaper, popularity
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-09-2011)
- Language: English