Plot & Details
Unlike Clint Eastwood, who in the 1960s was cast as the Man With No Name, Beyond the Law star Lee Van Cleef has a name, and a very functional one. Van Cleef is known to one and all as Bandit Turned Sheriff. Actually, a more appropriate cognomen would be Bandit Turned Sheriff But Still a Bandit, since Van Cleef only pretends to reform so that he can steal a cavalry payroll. Since it's hard to watch Beyond the Law with a straight face to begin with, the producers wisely decided to turn this spaghetti western into a semi-comedy. Released in Italy in 1967 as Al Di La Della Legge, Beyond the Law was distributed in the US in 1971.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 78min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/11/2006
- DVD Release Date: 01/10/2000
- Director(s): Giorgio Stegani
- Starring: Lee Van Cleef , Antonio Sabato , Gordon Mitchell , Lionel Stander , Bud Spencer
- Themes: Cons and Scams
- Tone: Cynical,Rousing,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: lawyer, outlaw [Western], sheriff, shipment, silver, town, bad-guy, bad-guy-turns-good, con/scam, cowboy, good-guy
- Country of Origin: Italy (04-10-1968)
- Language: Italian