Plot & Details
Former co-stars of the TV sitcom Head of the Class teamed up to write the story and script for this teen comedy. When junior high-school student Jason Shepherd (Frankie Muniz) realizes that his class paper has been ripped off and turned into a hit motion picture called "Big Fat Liar," he takes matters into his own hands. Along with his best friend, Kaylee (Amanda Bynes), Jason travels to Los Angeles, where he intends to confront Hollywood big shot Marty Wolf (Paul Giamatti), the sleazy producer responsible for ripping him off. When he's unable to get Wolf to do the right thing, Jason subjects the showbiz power broker to a series of humiliating pranks and stunts designed to make an honest man out of him. Big Fat Liar co-stars Lee Majors and Amanda Detmer.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/08/2002
- DVD Release Date: 09/24/2002
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Shawn Levy
- Starring: Frankie Muniz , Paul Giamatti , Amanda Bynes , Amanda Detmer , Donald Faison
- Themes: Success is the Best Revenge,Filmmaking,Out For Revenge,Mischievous Children
- Tone: Easygoing,Goofy,Madcap,Frantic,Silly,Upbeat
- Keywords: Hollywood, film-industry, film-producer, movie, plagiarism, prank, producer [showbiz], revenge, rip-off, student, teenagers, torment
- Country of Origin: USA (02-08-2002)
- Language: English