Plot & Details
Pine-Thomas Productions' "Big Town" film series, based on the radio program of the same name, came to an end with Big Town Scandal. Returning for their fourth go-round are Philip Reed as Steve Wilson, crusading editor of the Illustrated Daily Press, and Hillary Brooke as Lorelei Kilbourne, Wilson's super-efficient Girl Friday. When a group of unruly teenagers are paroled in Wilson's custody, he tries to reform them by setting up a Youth Center. Unfortunately a group of crooked gamblers begin hiding their ill-gotten gains at the Center, thanks to the assistance of fast-lipped punk Tommy Malone (Stanley Clements). Only after one of his young friends is killed does Tommy wise up and help Wilson expose the crooks. Among the juvenile performers in Big Town Scandal are Carl Switzer and Tommy Bond, formerly "Alfalfa" and "Butch" in the Our Gang comedies.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 61min.
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): William C. Thomas
- Starring: Phillip Reed , Hillary Brooke , Stanley Clements , Darryl Hickman , Carl \
- Themes: Kids in Trouble,Members of the Press
- Keywords: basketball, criminal, editor, investigation, profession, reform [improve], scandal, bad-guy, card-dealer, con/scam, dance-hall-girl, good-guy, gunfighter, pacifism