Plot & Details
Writer/director Neil Drumming's 'Big Words' is set in Brooklyn on the eve of President Obama's history-making first election. Three former members of a promising hip-hop crew cross paths again to discover that some things never change. Former frontman John, once known as Big Words, is now a working class guy who raps only to himself. James is a publicist living with his boyfriend, far removed from the days when he rhymed about getting girls. And, DJ Malik still spins records with a longing for the glory days. Together again on this landmark occasion, the pals reckon with dreams deferred and new hopes. 'Big Words' is a 2013 Official Selection of Slamdance, New Voices and Frameline37.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/19/2013
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): AFFRM
- Starring: Dorian Missick , Gbenga Akinnagbe , Darien Sills-Evans , Zachary Booth , Yaya Alafia
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Race Relations
- Tone: Confrontational,Reflective,Understated
- Keywords: President, friendship, race-relations, rap-music
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-19-2013)
- Language: English