Plot & Details
In the hopes of exploring American culture's increased obsession with winning, documentary filmmaker Christopher Bell examines the anabolic steroid use of his two brothers. After setting the stage with a look at the cultural backdrop of the 1980s -- in which hulky stars like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger were the ideal -- Bell illustrates how he and his brothers became involved in the bodybuilding subculture, eventually discovering the brutal truth that success in the lifestyle of pumping iron demanded the use of steroids.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/30/2008
- DVD Release Date: 09/30/2008
- Distributor(s): Magnolia
- Director(s): Christopher Bell
- Keywords: body-building,steroids
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-30-2008)
- Language: English