Plot & Details
In this broadly comic variation on the old saw of the female scientist who is beautiful when she takes her glasses off, anthropologist Cecile (Judith Godreche) has spent some time tracking what she believes to be a lost tribe only to find out that they're really just the employees of a firm with a lousy record on environmental issues. Stuck for a new project, Cecile gets the brainstorm of a scientific study of the contemporary "bimbo" tribe, and soon starts dressing herself up like a sleaze in short skirts and midriff-baring blouses in order to study the habits of these women. However, Cecile's bimbo disguise is so effective that Laurent (Gerard Depardieu), the head of her department, doesn't recognize her -- and finds himself infatuated with the newly flashy-looking Cecile.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Director(s): Ariel Zeitoun
- Starring: Judith Godrèche , Aure Atika , Gérard Depardieu , Armelle
- Themes: Assumed Identities,Opposites Attract,Cinderella Stories
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Humorous,Satirical,Wry
- Keywords: intelligent, anthropology, assistance, brainstorm, disguise, hidden-identity, intellectual
- Country of Origin: France (12-23-1998)