Plot & Details
Bless the Beasts and Children is most fondly remembered as the film which introduced the song "Nadia's Theme" (better known as the title music for CBS' Young and the Restless). The film itself is a well-meaning if heavy-handed tale of six idealistic young boys whom come to the rescue of a buffalo herd. There's a symbiotic relationship between the boys and the beasts: the kids have all been shunted aside as misfits and losers, while the buffalo have likewise been targetted for obscurity. Once the film makes its point, it really has nowhere to go; still, the location photography (with Catalina standing in for Arizona) is outstanding. Besides, how many other films have honored Billy Mumy with top billing?
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/28/2008
- Director(s): Stanley Kramer
- Starring: Barry Robins , Miles Chapin , Darel Glaser , Bob Kramer
- Themes: Obsessive Quests
- Tone: Atmospheric,Earnest,Heartwarming,Poignant,Tearjerking
- Keywords: ranch, rescue, slaughter, animal, boy, buffalo, coming-of-age, ecology, home-alone, resources, wildlife