Plot & Details
Rutger Hauer plays a blinded Vietnam vet who also happens to be an expert swordsman. Twenty years after the war, Hauer finds himself waist-deep in gangsters when he tries to help the son (Brandon Call) of an old army buddy. Along the way, he reforms an ex-comrade in arms (Terrance O'Quinn) who was responsible for the accident that blinded him. Based on a series of Japanese films about a blind samurai (released under the blanket title of Zatoichi).
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/16/1990
- DVD Release Date: 12/28/2004
- Distributor(s): Tri-Star Pictures
- Director(s): Phillip Noyce
- Starring: Rutger Hauer , Brandon Call , Terry O'Quinn , Lisa Blount , Noble Willingham
- Themes: Living With Disability,Obsessive Quests,Heroic Mission,Righting the Wronged
- Tone: Angry,Forceful,Rousing,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: blindness [physical], handicap, kidnapping, martial-arts, sharpshooter, veteran [military], Zen-master, gangster, on-the-run
- Country of Origin: USA (03-16-1990)
- Language: English