Plot & Details
In Blink, a woman regaining her eyesight after a double cornea transplant operation glimpses the killer of her upstairs neighbor and then must fight for her life as the killer stalks her. Emma Brody (Madeline Stowe), a musician in an Irish folk-rock band was blinded as a result of childhood abuse by her mother. Her doctor, Ryan Pierce (Peter Friedman) performs an operation to restore her vision, but soon Emma is suffering from retroactive hallucinations in which she sees things that have happened hours, or even days, before. As she was the only witness to the murder, her credibility soon comes into question, but she is believed by Detective Hallstrom (Aidan Quinn) who has been tracking what he believes to be a serial killer. Hallstrom also believes that Emma may hold the key to the murderer's motives.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/15/1994
- DVD Release Date: 10/07/2003
- Director(s): Michael Apted
- Starring: Madeleine Stowe , Aidan Quinn , Laurie Metcalf , James Remar , Peter Friedman
- Themes: Serial Killers,Woman In Jeopardy
- Tone: Slick,Menacing,Moody,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: blindness [physical], killing, stalking, corneal-transplant, handicap, investigation, murder
- Language: English