Plot & Details
Billy Zane stars in this direct-to-video gem as a spectacularly unsuccessful car thief. Hoping to reform by leaving LA, Zane must scare up $400 worth of exit money. He decides to pull off one last job, stealing a TV from William Bastiani. An ill-tempered criminal, Bastiani stabs Zane, who then runs off blindly into a cemetary ("Blood" and "Concrete": get it?) Weaving around the tombstones, Zane makes the acquaintance of would-be suicide Jennifer Beals. Love blooms, but it might be too late for both of them: Bastiani is found murdered, and Zane is suspect number one-forcing him to hide out from both the cops and the mob. Luxuriating in its tawdriness and cheapness, Blood & Concrete: A Love Story actually has an offbeat charm all its own.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/09/1991
- Director(s): Jeffrey Reiner
- Starring: Billy Zane , Jennifer Beals , James LeGros , Darren McGavin , Nicholas Worth
- Themes: Going Straight,Miscarriage of Justice,One Last Heist
- Tone: Quirky
- Keywords: addiction,cemetery,drug-lord,drugs,police,robbery,rock-music,seduction,stabbing,suicide,underground [counterculture]
- Country of Origin: USA (09-13-1991)