Plot & Details
The war against the forces of darkness becomes a family affair in this cinematic prequel to the popular video game Bloodrayne. In 16th century Europe, Lord Kagan (Ben Kingsley) is an evil ruler who holds more power than any man alive, but he still dreams of having more, and when he's told of three magic talismans who, when united, will give him intense supernatural strength and the gift of immortality, he will stop at nothing to attain them. However, three warriors who have learned how to battle the forces of darkness -- Vladimir (Michael Madsen), Katarin (Michelle Rodriguez), and Sebastian (Matt Davis) -- have formed the Brimstone Society, with the goal of stripping Kagan of his power and restoring justice to their land. They can't accomplish this on their own, though, so they enlist the aid of Rayne (Kristanna Loken), a half-human, half-vampire who can approach Kagan's sinister gifts while having a desire to do good. However, Rayne is torn about signing on with the Brimstone Society, and for a good reason -- Kagan is her father. Scripted by actress, screenwriter, and video-game enthusiast Guinevere Turner, BloodRayne also stars Geraldine Chaplin, Udo Kier, Billy Zane, Michael Paré, and Meat Loaf Aday.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Fantasy,Horror
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/06/2006
- DVD Release Date: 05/23/2006
- Distributor(s): Romar Entertainment
- Director(s): Uwe Boll
- Starring: Kristanna Loken , Michelle Rodriguez , Ben Kingsley , Michael Madsen , Matthew Davis
- Themes: Vampires
- Tone: Atmospheric,Goth,Stylized,Nocturnal
- Keywords: battle [war],bloodsucker,freak-show,half-human,undead,vampire
- Country of Origin: USA (01-06-2006)
- Language: English