Plot & Details
Originally titled Blues For Lovers, Ballad in Blue was the last of actor Paul Henreid's theatrical-film directorial efforts. R&B legend Ray Charles plays himself, attempting to help a newly blinded British boy adjust to sightlessness. Charles is no actor, but he has a natural ease and grace that many "real" movie stars might envy. As a bonus, we get to hear him perform such favorites as "What'd I Say?" and "I Got a Woman". Monika Henreid, the daughter of the director, can be seen in a minor role.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 89min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/12/2010
- Distributor(s): Pathé Films, Warner Brothers, Path? Films
- Director(s): Paul Henreid
- Starring: Ray Charles , Tom Bell , Mary Peach , Dawn Addams , Piers Bishop
- Themes: Living With Disability
- Tone: Inspiring
- Keywords: English [nationality], blindness [physical], blues-music, child, help, hitman, loot, meeting, mother, schoolboy, sentimental, songwriter, widow/widower, friendship, generation-gap, music, performer
- Language: English