Plot & Details
Based on the real-life story of golf legend Bobby Jones, Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius features Jim Caviezel as the temperamental but highly talented amateur who threw a wrench in the golf world of the mid-'20s. Though Jones would eventually become the founder of the internationally renowned Augusta National Golf Club, which is father to the prestigious annual tournament known as The Masters, the combination of his ambition and tumultuous relationship with the media interfered with his personal life to such an extent that his future in the sport seemed doomed. With the help of his wife, Mary Malone Jones (Claire Forlani), the gifted, oftentimes tortured golfer was forced to balance his family life and the public scrutiny regarding his golf career, lest both of them dissolve entirely. Directed by Rowdy Herrington, the film also stars Jeremy Northam, Aidan Quinn, and Malcolm McDowell.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 128min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/30/2004
- DVD Release Date: 11/30/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Rowdy Herrington
- Starring: James Caviezel
- Themes: Parenthood,Members of the Press,Crumbling Marriages,Underdogs
- Tone: Earnest,Nostalgic,Sentimental,Stirring,Reverent
- Keywords: Masters-Tournament, amateur, career, golf, media
- Country of Origin: USA (04-30-2004)
- Language: English