Plot & Details
Madonna plays Rebecca Carlson, a sex bomb who parades naked in front of the open windows of her houseboat at all hours while the lobstermen catch crabs. This entry in the Basic Instinct sweepstakes poses the question: If love hurts, does sex kill? The judge and jury certainly want to find out when Rebecca's latest conquest, a multi-millionaire, dies of a heart attack while making love to her. Eight million dollars was bequeathed to Rebecca in his will, and District Attorney Robert Garrett (Joe Mantegna) is convinced that Rebecca, knowing that her rich lover had a weak heart, killed him with wild sex so that she could get her mitts on the money. Rebecca's lawyer, Frank Dulaney (Willem Dafoe), thinks differently, suspecting the millionaire's private secretary Joanne Braslow (Anne Archer) of the crime, since she was dumped by the millionaire for Rebecca. Besides which, Frank is attracted to Rebecca himself and throws legal ethics out the window as he starts a sadomasochistic affair with her.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Action
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/23/1992
- DVD Release Date: 12/03/2002
- Director(s): Uli Edel
- Starring: Madonna , Willem Dafoe , Anne Archer , Joe Mantegna , Julianne Moore
- Themes: Dangerous Attraction,Femmes Fatales
- Tone: Lurid,Moody,Sexy,Slick
- Keywords: killing, sex, betrayal, damsel-in-distress, false-accusation, investigation, love, murder, prosecutor
- Language: English