Plot & Details
One of the most financially successful independent films of all time spawns a sequel that at once honors and confronts the pseudo-documentary style of the original in this follow-up to The Blair Witch Project. After The Blair Witch Project becomes a box-office smash, tourists begin to descend upon the small town of Burkittsville, MD, wanting to learn more about the truth and legend of the Blair Witch. Jeff Patterson is a local resident with a checkered past who sees a chance to make some fast money; he inaugurates "The Blair Witch Hunt," offering a tour of the woods where the ill-starred student filmmakers were lost. Four students from Boston sign up for the witch hunt, and end up spending the night camping near the home of notorious child murderer Rustin Parr. The next morning, they discover that they have no memory of a five-hour stretch of the previous night; as the day wears on, they realize they encountered something profoundly evil during their lost night in the woods, which has begun to manifest itself with a vengeance. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 was the first dramatic feature directed by Joe Berlinger, who previously helmed the award-winning documentaries Brother's Keeper and Paradise Lost.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/27/2000
- DVD Release Date: 03/13/2001
- Distributor(s): Artisan
- Director(s): Joe Berlinger
- Starring: Kim Director , Jeffrey Donovan , Erica Leerhsen , Tristine Skyler , Stephen Barker Turner
- Themes: Witches,Missing Persons,Demonic Possession
- Tone: Menacing,Ominous,Paranoid,Creepy,Claustrophobic,Forceful,Goth
- Keywords: camp,house,legend [fable],memory,tour-guide,tourist,video-tape,witch,woods [place]
- Country of Origin: USA (10-27-2000)
- Language: English