Plot & Details
Boomerang, directed by Elia Kazan, is a chilling film noir, the true story about the murder of a priest, the subsequent arrest and trial of a jobless drifter, and the efforts of young state's attorney Henry Harvey (Dana Andrews) to uncover the truth. Closely based on the actual 1924 murder of Fr. Hubert Dahme in Bridgeport, Connecticut, the film was directed by the young Elia Kazan in a highly effective, semi-documentary style. Kazan shot most of the film on location, using high-contrast cinematography and an extremely mobile camera to create a palpable sense of urgency. The screenplay, expertly crafted by Richard Murphy received an Academy Award nomination.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/30/2008
- DVD Release Date: 09/02/2008
- Distributor(s): 20th
- Director(s): Elia Kazan
- Starring: Dana Andrews , Jane Wyatt , E.J. Ballantine , Royal Beal , Lee J. Cobb
- Themes: Fighting the System,Miscarriage of Justice,Righting the Wronged
- Tone: Matter-of-Fact,Gritty,Somber,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: bum,change-of-heart,false-accusation,frame-up,investigation,murder,priest,scapegoat
- Language: English