Plot & Details
A group of revolutionary students experiences rebellion, enlightenment, and change while establishing a commune devoted to free love, anarchy, and nudism, only to see their children eventually engage in a similarly styled rebellion 20 years later. The year was 1968: Catherine, Yves, and Hervé were 20 years old, and the revolt in May had turned their lives upside down. Enamored by the concept of communal utopia, the three friends move into an abandoned farm in the Lot region and establish a commune. Over time, their longing for freedom and personal accomplishment finds many of the friends walking away from the micro-society they worked so diligently to establish. Flash forward to 1989, when Catherine and Yves' children witness the fall of communism, and the onset of the AIDS epidemic. Much like their parents years before, the disillusioned youths begin to question the generation that preceded them while longing for a better world than the one they were born into.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 166min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/20/2009
- DVD Release Date: 08/11/2009
- Distributor(s): Strand Releasing
- Director(s): Olivier Ducastel, Jacques Martineau
- Starring: Victoria Abril , Laetitia Casta , Marisa Paredes , Yannick Renier , Miguel Bose
- Themes: Fighting the System,Non-Traditional Families,Generation Gap
- Tone: Reflective
- Keywords: AIDS,Utopia,activism,commune,freedom,generation,hippie,love
- Country of Origin: France (05-21-2008)
- Language: French