Plot & Details
'Born to be Wild 3D' is an inspired story of love, dedication and the remarkable bond between humans and animals. This film documents orphaned orangutans and elephants and the extraordinary people who rescue and raise them--saving endangered species one life at a time. Stunningly captured in IMAX 3D, 'Born to be Wild 3D' is a heartwarming adventure transporting moviegoers into the lush rainforests of Borneo with world-renowned primatologist Dr. Birute Galdikas, and across the rugged Kenyan savannah with celebrated elephant authority Dame Daphne Sheldrick, as they and their team rescue, rehabilitate and return these incredible animals back to the wild. Narrated by Academy-Award winner Morgan Freeman, 'Born to be Wild 3D' is directed by David Lickley and written and produced by Drew Fellman. This Warner Bros. film is produced by IMAX Filmed Entertainment and distributed by IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures and will open April 8, 2011 exclusively in IMAX theatres.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 40min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/08/2011
- DVD Release Date: 04/17/2012
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): David Lickley
- Starring: Morgan Freeman , Dr. Birute Mary Galdikas , Daphne Sheldrick
- Themes: Monkeys
- Tone: Reflective,Sentimental,Sweet,Cautionary,Gentle,Heartwarming,Light,Warm
- Keywords: Kenya, elephant, nature, orangutan, orphan, primate, rehabilitation [criminal]
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-08-2011)
- Language: English