Plot & Details
The subject of legendary documentarian Frederick Wiseman's hypnotic new film is an Austin, TX institution: Lord's Gym, which was founded 16 years ago by professional boxer Richard Lord. People of all ages, races, ethnicities and social classes come to Lord's: doctors, lawyers, judges, businessmen and kids all learn to spar alongside fellow amateurs and trained professionals. Wiseman depicts the gym as a uniquely American melting pot, a place where people meet to talk and train, and shows us that all the world's a ring.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest,Sports
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/22/2010
- Distributor(s): Zipporah Films, mTuckman Media
- Director(s): Frederick Wiseman
- Starring: Richard Lord
- Themes: Boxers,In Training
- Tone: Deliberate
- Keywords: boxing, gym, owner, train [athlete]
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-22-2010)
- Language: English