Plot & Details
International film star Russell Crowe narrates writer/director Sunny Abberton's documentary examination of the infamous Sydney surfer gang that made headlines in the mid-'90s for a string of violent turf wars, drunken rumbles, and confrontations with the local authorities. A poor suburb of Sydney, Maroubra would become a key component in Sydney beach culture in the few years before the millennial changeover. Though the gang was praised by some locals for their efforts in rescuing kids whose lives seemed doomed for disaster, things soon took a tragic turn when members Jai and Koby were accused of murder and placed on trial in a local court.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/11/2008
- DVD Release Date: 08/12/2008
- Distributor(s): Berkela Films
- Director(s): Sunny Abberton
- Starring: Russell Crowe
- Themes: Street Gangs,Surfing
- Tone: Bleak,Gritty
- Keywords: Australia,brotherhood,disenfranchized,legend [famous person],notoriety,poverty,rebel,seaside,stigma,street-gang,struggle,surfing
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-11-2008)
- Language: English