Plot & Details
A decidedly non-stereotypical gay male couple finds their efforts to keep their personal and professional lives completely separate challenged by the arrival of the gay nephew whose presence threatens to reveal their closely guarded secret in director Laurie Lynd's drama. Eric (Tom Cavanagh) is a former professional hockey player who now works as a broadcaster at a major sports network. Of course, Eric's colleagues have no clue about the outwardly masculine sportscaster's true sexuality, and the same can be said about his longtime partner, Sam (Ben Shenkman), a lawyer. Now, despite successfully keeping their sexuality a secret for some time, happy couple Eric and Sam find their livelihood threatened with the arrival of Sam's nephew Scot (Noah Bernett) -- whose mother has just died and whose responsibility-shirking father is currently out of town. Scot is an expert in the subjects of knitting and show tunes, but when it comes to the topic of sports he just can't be bothered. Eric knows well the terror of having to hide your sexuality away from the masses, though, and now in order to save Scot from the torment of his new classmates -- and perhaps prevent his own secret from being revealed, the knowing uncle does his best to channel the boy's skating talent into a career in hockey.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/10/2008
- DVD Release Date: 02/23/2010
- Distributor(s): Regent Releasing
- Director(s): Laurie Lynd
- Starring: Tom Cavanagh , Ben Shenkman , Noah Bernett , Jeananne Goossen , Megan Follows
- Themes: Non-Traditional Families,Keeping a Secret
- Tone: Affectionate,Poignant,Warm
- Keywords: boy,hockey,homosexual,nephew
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-10-2008)
- Language: English