Plot & Details
Breakdancing, hip-hop, rap, and a good time are the main stars of this standard teen movie about youths trying to raise money to save their community club from being razed for a shopping mall. Ozone (Adolfo Quiñones) and Turbo (Michael Chambers) are two master breakdancers who have started a community club to teach other teens how to manage the acrobatics of the dance without literally breaking anything. Their efforts create some choreographed, group breakdancing that is rather innovative. But an evil developer (Peter MacLean) sees their property as ideal for a shopping mall project -- and a crooked politician is willing to back him up for a fee. As the teens do their best to raise money to keep their center, some are also battling with restrictive parents or trying to ease into romantic liaisons that offer their own challenges.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/03/2003
- DVD Release Date: 04/15/2003
- Distributor(s): TriStar
- Director(s): Sam Firstenberg
- Starring: Lucinda Dickey , Adolpho \ , Michael Chambers , Susie Bono , Harry Caesar
- Themes: Dancer's Life,Stop the Wrecking Ball
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Upbeat,Springlike,Light,Merry
- Keywords: breakdancing, community-center, development, hip-hop-music, mall, political-corruption, real-estate
- Country of Origin: USA (12-19-1984)
- Language: English