Plot & Details
This British rock musical tells a tale older than dirt -- the saga of the rise to fame of an eager young star, only to discover that fame is not all that it is cracked up to be. Hazel O'Connor is a young punk-rocker, singing her angry diatribes on the splintered stages on third-rate London venues. Soon enough, she meets up with a young, aspiring manager Phil Daniels, and she rises to the top. But success puts a damper on a burgeoning love relationship, and when Jon Finch arrives, playing a sleek and smooth record promoter, the duo's artistic independence is also compromised.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/18/2004
- Status: In Theaters
- Director(s): Brian Gibson
- Starring: Phil Daniels , Hazel O'Connor , Jon Finch , Jonathan Pryce , Peter-Hugo Daly
- Themes: Drug Addiction,Rise and Fall Stories,Musician's Life
- Tone: Atmospheric,Austere,Biting,Downbeat,Forceful,Grim,Moody,Passionate,Rousing,Somber,Talky,Tense,Ironic
- Keywords: behind-the-scenes, music, performer, rags-to-riches