Plot & Details
'Breath Made Visible' is the first feature length film about the life and career of Anna Halprin, the American dance pioneer who has helped redefine our notion of modern art with her belief in dance's power to teach, heal, and transform at all ages of life. This cinematic portrait blends recent interviews with counterparts such as the late Merce Cunningham, archival footage, including her establishment of the first multiracial dance company in the U.S., and excerpts of current performances such as "Parades and Changes" at the Georges Pompidou Center in Paris, to weave a stunning, inspiring account of one of the most important cultural icons in modern dance.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/23/2010
- Director(s): Ruedi Gerber
- Starring: Anna Halprin , Lawrence Halprin , Merce Cunningham , Daria Halprin , Rana Halprin
- Themes: Dancer's Life,Eccentric Families,Bohemian Life
- Tone: Earnest,Intimate,Stirring
- Keywords: avant-garde, modern-dance, pioneer, retrospective
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-23-2010)
- Language: English