Plot & Details
Broadway Bad stars Joan Blondell as a wisecracking but goodhearted chorus girl whose husband (Ricardo Cortez) is an abusive lout. Blondell's plight makes the headlines, which results in an upswing in her career. Rather than wallow in self-pity, she trades on the publicity to become a star, while hubby mutters dark promises of revenge. This film was based on the real-life relationship between Broadway star Hal Skelly and a promiscuous young actress who assumed several professional names. Though its cast and subject matter might suggest that Broadway Bad is a Warner Bros. epic, the picture was actually produced and released by Fox Studios.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 61min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/23/2006
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Sidney Lanfield
- Starring: Joan Blondell , Ricardo Cortez , Ginger Rogers , Adrienne Ames , Allen Vincent
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages,Actor's Life
- Tone: Ominous,Downbeat,Tense
- Keywords: chorus-girl, extramarital-affair, father, hardships, husband, morale, mother, publicity, reputation, child, custody-battle, divorce, family
- Language: English