Plot & Details
In the Disney-animated adventure Brother Bear, Joaquin Phoenix provides the voice of Kenai, a young Native American boy whose brother, Sitka (voice of D.B. Sweeney), is killed by a mother bear protecting her cubs. With revenge in mind, Kenai sets out into the woods only to find himself magically transformed into a bear himself. Seeing the world through the eyes of his prey, Kenai is forced to learn a lesson about nature and life. On a comic footnote: Brother Bear also features the voices of Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas as Rutt and Tuke, moose characters reminiscent of their beer-guzzling McKenzie brothers from SCTV and Strange Brew; because this is a family-oriented cartoon - and it would be inappropriate for the moose to quaff beer -- the two moose express a fondness for eating wheat hops instead.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Animation,Family,Fantasy
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/01/2003
- DVD Release Date: 03/30/2004
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Aaron Blaise, Bob Walker
- Starring: Joaquin Phoenix , Jeremy Suarez , Jason Raize , Rick Moranis , Dave Thomas
- Themes: Otherwise Engaged,Mischievous Children,Reincarnation,Sibling Relationships,Journey of Self-Discovery,Death in the Family
- Tone: Bittersweet,Heartwarming,Sweeping,Tearjerking
- Keywords: bear, brother, compassion, hunting, love, moose, nature
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-24-2003),USA (11-01-2003)
- Language: English