Plot & Details
Horror-meister George Romero directs this thriller about a 99-pound weakling who strikes back at everyone who has wronged him in the past. Henry Creedlow (Jason Flemyng) works at a fashion mag called Bruiser for the short-fused, dictatorial Miles Styles (Peter Stormare). Henry spends much of his day fantasizing about killing himself and killing others, particularly his nagging wife Janine (Nina Garbiras). After learning that Miles is shagging his wife and that his stockbroker best friend swindled him out of a stack of money, Henry wakes up the following day to learn that his face has mysteriously been rendered white and featureless. Soon, like a mime with bloodlust, Henry violently dispatches with everyone in his life, save Miles' wife, whose paintings may be responsible for his sudden transformation. This film was screened at the 2000 Berlin Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/15/2002
- DVD Release Date: 10/09/2001
- Director(s): George A. Romero
- Starring: Jason Flemyng , Peter Stormare , Leslie Hope , Nina Garbiras
- Themes: Infidelity,Down on Their Luck,Haunted By the Past,Assumed Identities,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Tense,Atmospheric,Downbeat,Hallucinatory,Stylized,Confrontational
- Keywords: anti-hero, boss [employer], face, fantasy-world, frustration, identity, transformation
- Language: English