Plot & Details
Borat trickster Sacha Baron Cohen returns to the big screen to offer yet another stinging dose of sociopolitical satire in this comedy that finds him assuming the persona of gay fashionmonger Bruno, the self-proclaimed "voice of Austrian youth TV." Originally conceived as part of Baron Cohen's cult television series Da Ali G Show, the character of Bruno offered a cleverly costumed Baron Cohen the opportunity to highlight the absurdities of the fashion industry by interviewing unsuspecting fashion icons and other haute couture hangers-on.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/10/2009
- DVD Release Date: 11/17/2009
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Larry Charles
- Starring: Sacha Baron Cohen , Gustaf Hammarsten , Paula Abdul , LaToya Jackson , Harrison Ford
- Themes: Culture Clash,Fish Out of Water
- Tone: Biting,Confrontational,Irreverent,Satirical,Disturbing,Raunchy,Outrageous
- Keywords: fashion,homosexual,German [nationality],celebrity,adoption,audition,baby,candid-camera,stage-mother,stereotype,stunt,talk-show
- Country of Origin: USA (07-10-2009)
- Language: English