Plot & Details
A hapless man trying to hold on to his job is plunged into a dangerous world where no one is what they appear to be in this dark comedy-drama. Charlie (Craig Lauzon) is a stockbroker working for a large financial services firm in Toronto. Charlie knows he's not doing well at work, and his boss Jay Valentine (Simon Reynolds) has told him so to his face. However, Jay has also offered Charlie a chance to prove he can be useful, and Charlie jumps at the opportunity even though it's clearly on the shady side of the law. Before long, Charlie finds himself caught up in a web of money, sex, deceit and murder as he begins traveling in a circle of dangerous and powerful characters, none more menacing than the wealthy and short-tempered Roland Gow (Maury Chaykin). Also starring Lindsey Deluce, Ellen Dubin and Lori Hallier, Bull was the first theatrical feature from writer and director Kent Tessman; the film was an official selection at the 2008 Montreal Word Film Festival.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- Distributor(s): Greenwich Films Releasing
- Director(s): Kent Tessman
- Starring: Craig Lauzon , Lindsey Deluce , Simon Reynolds , Maury Chaykin , Ellen Dubin
- Themes: Cons and Scams,Boss from Hell,Work Ethics
- Tone: Biting,Satirical,Wry
- Keywords: boss [employer], job, opportunity, stockbroker
- Language: English