Plot & Details
A man struggles to keep his emotions in check after the death of his wife in this drama written and directed by Jonathan Teplitzky. Tom (Matthew Goode) is a passionate and forthright individual who is accustomed to speaking his mind. But Tom seems to have lost his emotional anchors since his wife Sarah (Bojana Novakovic) succumbed to cancer. Tom struggles with rage and confusion, and has begun verbally lashing out at his son Oscar (Jack Heanly) and Sarah's sister Karen (Essie Davis). Tom has also been sleeping with practically any woman that will have him, and while he hasn't lost all of his charm, his ability to bend others to his will is fading fast, and a traumatic event forces him to take a long look at the way he treats others. Not to be confused with the annual "radical self-expression" held in Nevada, Burning Man received its world premiere at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/27/2012
- Director(s): Jonathan Teplitzky
- Starring: Matthew Goode , Bojana Novakovic , Essie Davis , Kerry Fox , Rachel Griffiths
- Themes: Death of a Partner
- Tone: Disturbing,Downbeat,Intimate
- Keywords: grief, widow/widower
- Language: English