Plot & Details
Second City TV regulars Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin star in this Canadian horror spoof as a couple on a romantic holiday who settle into a quaint little bed-and-breakfast run by a trio of flesh-eating ladies who fancy them for tomorrow's menu. This is a pretty tame affair considering the subject matter, dishing up rather skimpy portions of both horror and humor. The only source of entertainment -- sadly missing from video prints -- comes from the addition of a warning bell ("When the bell rings, close your eyes if you're squeamish!") to alert urpy filmgoers to upcoming gore scenes. The film is also notable as the directorial debut of Ivan Reitman -- who kept a hand in the horror genre for a few years (producing David Cronenberg's They Came from Within and Rabid) before breaking out with high-concept comedy hits in the 1980's, then returning again to horror satire (albeit with a Hollywood mega-budget) for Ghostbusters.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 83min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/26/2010
- Director(s): Ivan Reitman
- Themes: Cannibals,Nightmare Vacations
- Tone: Humorous,Tense
- Keywords: bed-and-breakfast,bell,business,cannibal,couple,death,evil,flesh-eating,holiday,murder,restaurant,romance,town,warning,weekend