Auto accidents are an epidemic in Argentina, and two people with very different perspectives on the crisis are brought together in this drama from filmmaker Pablo Trapero. Sosa (Ricardo Darín) was once a respected attorney until his license to practice law was suspended, and now he makes ends meet offering his services under the table to accident victims hoping to make money in a lawsuit. One day, while staking out the scene of an auto wreck, Sosa meets Luján (Martina Gusman), a doctor who treats urgent cases. Despite her seemingly noble line of work, Luján has demons of her own, including a dependency on drugs, and she finds herself attracted to the morally conflicted lawyer, even after he helps to arrange for an accident for the benefit of a friend. Carancho was an official selection at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/11/2011
- DVD Release Date: 06/07/2011
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista International, Strand Releasing
Jose Luis Arias
- Themes: Drug Addiction,Down on Their Luck,Going Straight,Self-Destructive Romance,Femmes Fatales
- Tone: Disturbing,Downbeat,Tense,Nocturnal
Argentina, accident, ambulance, insurance-company, insurance-fraud, lawyer
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-11-2011)
- Language: Spanish