Plot & Details
Filmmakers Linda Atkinson and Nick Doob present this affectionate portrait of dance icons Carmen de Lavallade and Geoffrey Holder, who fell in love back in 1954, and quickly went on to become a New York institution. The year they first met, de Lavallade was making a name for herself in modern dance, and Holder was a respected painter and dancer from Jamaica who had just risen to fame as the world-renowned choreographer of The Wiz. A marriage proposal quickly followed, and 50 years later the couple is still setting the world on fire. Archival footage and candid interviews offer a glimpse into the remarkable lives of the two consummate professionals who never let fame get in the way of true love.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 79min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/13/2009
- DVD Release Date: 07/21/2009
- Distributor(s): First Run
- Director(s): Linda Atkinson, Nick Doob
- Themes: Dancer's Life,Life in the Arts
- Tone: Affectionate
- Keywords: choreographer, couple, dance [art], marriage
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-13-2009)
- Language: English