Plot & Details
Dutch filmmaker Marleen Gorris directs the romantic comedy Carolina, written by Los Angeles-based screenwriter Katherine Fugate. Julia Stiles stars as Carolina Mirabeau, a young woman who grows up in an eccentric southern family. She and her two sisters -- Georgia (Azura Skye) and Maine (Mika Boorem) -- have been raised by their well-meaning if meddling grandmother (Shirley MacLaine). Carolina's family seems to think that she should marry the novelist Albert (Alessandro Nivola), whom she has known since childhood. However, when she starts dating the well-to-do Heath (Edward Atterton), Albert becomes very jealous. Carolina has to choose which man she wants without letting her grandmother take over.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 98min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/01/2005
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Marleen Gorris
- Starring: Julia Stiles
- Themes: Love Triangles,Looking For Love,Eccentric Families
- Tone: Light,Sentimental,Slick
- Keywords: Southerner, dating, eccentric, grandmother, jealousy, writer
- Language: English