Plot & Details
At one time, The Dave Clark Five were considered the Beatles' key rivals in international pop stardom, and so, when the Fab Four made a smash at the box office with A Hard Day's Night, Mr. Clark and his partners followed with Catch Us If You Can (also known as Having A Wild Weekend). Dinah (Barbara Ferris) is a famous model and actress who is getting tired of life in the limelight and wants to take a break. While shooting a commercial spot for meat, she meets Steve (Dave Clark), a stuntman. Dinah and Steve hit it off and decide to head to an island to get away from it all (bringing along four of Steve's friends, Mike Smith, Lenny Davidson, Denis West Payton, and Rick Huxley, who -- surprise! -- play music with him). Before long, Dinah is reported missing and everyone is looking for her, making their getaway anything but tranquil. While A Hard Day's Night launched director Richard Lester into international success, Catch Us If You Can was the feature debut for John Boorman, who similarly went on to bigger and better projects. Songs featured include "I Can't Stand It," "Catch Us If You Can," and "Having A Wild Weekend."
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/27/2004
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): John Boorman
- Starring: Dave Clark , Lenny Davidson , Barbara Ferris , Rick Huxley , David Lodge
- Themes: Actor's Life
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Madcap,Stylized
- Keywords: actor, fame, missing-person, rock-band, stuntperson