Plot & Details
Darin Scott made his directorial debut with this neo-noir crime drama set in South Central L.A. and featuring Cynda Williams in a dual role. Back in L.A. after serving time on drug charges, Daryl Allen (Bokeem Woodbine), who narrates, plans to open a nightclub, and a pal offers to bankroll the business. Daryl drives his buddy to the bank, unaware he's taking part in a robbery. He's sent back to the slammer for a long stretch, and during that period his girlfriend (Cynda Williams) marries. Released after five years, Daryl is unemployed when he meets Vanessa Dietrich (Williams), who gets him work as a limo driver. Vanessa and Daryl are targets of a hitman, and Vanessa tells Daryl she suspects her ex-lover Ahmad (Basil Wallace). What Daryl doesn't know about Ahmad and Vanessa may turn out to be his undoing.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/27/1998
- DVD Release Date: 07/14/1998
- Distributor(s): Live Entertainment
- Director(s): Darin Scott
- Starring: Bokeem Woodbine , Cynda Williams , Joseph Lindsey , Clifton Powell , Basil Wallace
- Themes: Inner City Blues,Hired Killers
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: bad-luck,business,driver,drugs,ex-lover,girlfriend,going-straight,hitman,nightclub,robbery,unemployment
- Language: English