Plot & Details
Four educators muddle through another year at a typical American high school in this mockumentary comedy. Mr. Lowery (Troy Schremmer), Mr. Stroope (Chris Mass), and Coach Webb (Janelle Schremmer) are three teachers doling out knowledge at a high school in Austin, TX. Mr. Lowery is new to teaching, and has to deal with his own inexperience as well as a decided lack of enthusiasm for history among his students; it doesn't help Lowery that the kids quickly learn how to push his buttons. Mr. Stroope has been on the faculty for three years, and is zealously campaigning for the honor of "Teacher of the Year." Stroope has enlisted his students to help him win the prize, even though they seem less than impressed with his academic abilities. Coach Webb teaches Girl's Gym, and despite her short hair and severe manner, she frequently and enthusiastically insists that she's heterosexual. Webb also insists on following the school's regulations to the letter, and has unusual ideas about how to make Gym seem hip and fun for her charges. Meanwhile, Mrs. Reddell (Shannon Haragan) has recently been promoted from the teaching staff to her new position as assistant principal, which has put a tremendous strain on her friendship with her colleagues, especially Webb. Chalk received the Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature at the Independent Film Festival of Boston.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/11/2007
- DVD Release Date: 09/25/2007
- Distributor(s): Morgan Spurlock Pres
- Director(s): Mike Akel
- Starring: Troy Schremmer , Janelle Schremmer , Shannon Haragan , Chris Mass , Jeff Guerrero
- Themes: High School Life,Obsessive Quests,Teachers and Students
- Tone: Wry,Satirical,Biting,Irreverent
- Keywords: classroom,education,gym-teacher,high-school,student,teacher,lesbianism,promotion
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-11-2007)
- Language: English