Plot & Details
A shared affliction -- namely, breast cancer -- forges an unlikely friendship between two Southern women, ebullient young Amber Collins (Lauren Holly) and crabby, reclusive oldster Betty Miller (Faye Dunaway). As they join forces to battle and cope with their disease, Amber and Betty also end up helping one another with their respective romantic entanglements. Tom Skerritt is cast as Betty's faithless former flame, Johnny Pinkley (now the self-styled Lothario of a nursing home), while Ian Somerhalder plays Amber's troubled -- and much younger -- amour Jason Kelly. Daniel Wright adapted the script of this independently produced movie from his own award-winning play Colored Eggs (the film's working title), retaining the original's sizeable supporting cast of lovable eccentrics. Decked out with musical highlights by Rita Coolidge, Earl and Randy Scruggs, Jan Howard, and Jeannie Seely, Changing Hearts was given scattered theatrical release in 2002 before it was picked up for TV play by the Lifetime cable network.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 92min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/25/2003
- Distributor(s): Colored Eggs Film Productions
- Director(s): Martin Guigui
- Starring: Lauren Holly , Faye Dunaway , Ian Somerhalder , Tom Skerritt , Edie McClurg
- Themes: Looking For Love,Women's Friendship,Battling Illness
- Tone: Autumnal,Bittersweet,Gentle,Melancholy,Poignant
- Keywords: breast-cancer, coping, disease, friendship, relationship
- Language: English