Plot & Details
The life and career of towering Charlie Chaplin screen-villain Eric Campbell is explored in this documentary featuring rare footage, historical documents, and interviews with both Campbell's daughter and such noted Chaplin experts as David Robinson. From Campbell's early childhood in Dunoon, Scotland, to his tragic and untimely death in December of 1917, this look at the life of one of cinema's first screen villains shows both the remarkable promise and enduring influence of a star whose light was sadly snuffed out just as it was beginning to shine its brightest.
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 54min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/08/2003
- Director(s): Kevin Macdonald
- Themes: Actor's Life
- Tone: Affectionate,Bittersweet,Humorous,Sentimental
- Keywords: actor,car-crash,comedy,death,silent-film