Plot & Details
Part 2 of director Steven Soderbergh's Che Guevara saga begins with the famed Cuban revolutionary at the absolute peak of his fame and power. Disappearing suddenly, Guevara subsequently resurfaces in Bolivia to organize a modest group of Cuban comrades and Bolivian recruits in preparation for the Latin American Revolution. But while the Bolivian campaign would ultimately fail, the tenacity, sacrifice, and idealism displayed by Guevara during this period would make him a symbol of heroism to followers around the world. Though Parts 1 and 2 were screened together at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, they were set to be released separately in U.S. theaters in early 2009.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 128min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/09/2009
- DVD Release Date: 08/18/2009
- Distributor(s): IFC
- Director(s): Steven Soderbergh
- Starring: Benicio Del Toro
- Themes: Fighting the System,Political Unrest
- Tone: Cerebral,Matter-of-Fact,Sweeping,Gritty,Stylized
- Keywords: Bolivia, jungle, revolution, warfare
- Country of Origin: USA (01-09-2009)
- Language: Spanish,English