Plot & Details
Tough reporter Ed Adams (Alan Ladd) wants to get the full story behind the apparent suicide of a young woman. It seems that the girl left behind a notebook with a list of seemingly unrelated names. Adams tracks down each one of the persons cited in the notebook, slowly but surely putting the pieces together. Once the basic mystery is solved, however, there's one surprising loose end left to be tied up. June Havoc co-stars as Leona, self-styled best friend of the decedent, who helps Adams in his quest. As the victim, Donna Reed appears exclusively in flashbacks. Based on a story by veteran suspense scrivener Tiffany Thayer (of Thirteen Women fame), Chicago Deadline was remade for television in 1966 as Fame is the Name of the Game.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/12/2009
- Director(s): Lewis Allen
- Starring: Alan Ladd , Donna Reed , June Havoc , Irene Hervey , Arthur Kennedy
- Keywords: bank-personnel, blackmail, boxing, brother, city, clue, criminal, death, flashback, funeral, gangster, hospital, invalid, killing, memory, moll, police, runaway [from home], shoot-out, struggle, victim