Plot & Details
The inspirational program Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Gift of Love features two uplifting short films. The first, "Mrs. Wetherby's Treasure," concerns two sweet and innocent 9-year-old girls who extend themselves to an elderly neighbor and cannot begin to prepare themselves for the wondrous discovery that the newfound friendship yields. The second, entitled "Dear Grandmother," observes a series of unexpected developments in the life of New York fashion coordinator Celia Davis. In a brief span of time, Celia loses her estranged mother and is appointed guardian of her 12-year-old half sister Merry, a child with aviatophobia and a sharp tongue. The two strangers embark on a lengthy cross-country journey together and forge a joyous, deep-seated bond.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 50min.
- DVD Release Date: 04/17/2007
- Director(s): Geoff Browne, Colin Murdock
- Starring: Brenda McDonald , Erin Karpluk , Matreya Fedor , Michelle Grigor , Dena Ashbaugh
- Themes: Unlikely Friendships
- Tone: Earnest,Heartwarming,Warm
- Keywords: friendship, neighbor
- Language: English