Plot & Details
The US title of this Italian-Spanish-French coproduction is Chino, in deference to the character played by star Charles Bronson. Having long suffered the stigma of being part-Indian, New Mexico horse breeder Chino Valdez (Bronson) wants nothing more than to be left alone with his beloved horses. Even so, Chino opens his heart and his home to teenaged runaway Jamie Wagner (Vincent Van Patten), who becomes his protégé. But things take an unpleasant turn when the formerly taciturn Chino falls in love with Louise (Jill Ireland, the half-sister of antagonistic rancher Maral (Marcel Bozzuffi, replacing the original choice for the role, Lino Ventura). This film was based on The Valdez Horses, a novel by Lee Hoffman.
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 97min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/14/1997
- Director(s): Duilio Coletti, John Sturges
- Starring: Charles Bronson , Marcel Bozzuffi , Jill Ireland , Vincent Van Patten
- Themes: Interracial/Cross-Cultural Romance,Lone Wolves
- Tone: Intimate,Reflective
- Keywords: Native-American, half-breed, horse, love, ranch, romance, runaway [from home], brutality, enemy, friendship, homestead, horse-breeder, horse-ranch, peach, physical-abuse, revenge
- Country of Origin: Italy (09-14-1973)
- Language: English