Plot & Details
Juvenile actor Henry Thomas, late of E.T., is the star of Cloak and Dagger. Given to telling whoppers, Thomas finds himself in a boy-who-cried-wolf dilemma when he overhears two spies plotting to smuggle valuable info out of the US. When he can't get his own father Dabney Coleman to believe him, Thomas turns disconsolately to a computer game called "Cloak and Dagger" and begins to fantasize, imagining that he is in cahoots with secret agent Jack Flack, also played by Coleman. Finally coming to grips with the fact that the mythical Jack Flack cannot help him this time, Thomas takes on the spies with the help of his schoolmates, who are also "Cloak and Dagger" addicts. Cloak and Dagger is a heavily disguised remake of 1949's The Window; both are based on the Cornell Woolrich story The Boy Cried Murder.
- Genre(s): Family
- Run Time: 101min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/23/2004
- Director(s): Richard Franklin
- Starring: Henry Thomas , Dabney Coleman , Michael Murphy , Christina Nigra , John McIntire
- Themes: Whistleblowers,Fantasy Life,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Humorous,Menacing,Upbeat,Paranoid,Tense
- Keywords: amateur-detective, boy, dishonesty, espionage, father, home-alone, imaginary-friend, murder, secret-mission, video-games
- Language: English