Plot & Details
On another planet, love is bad for the environment, so aliens come to Earth in search of bad relationships in this sci-fi-themed comedy. Things are not well on the planet Zots; it seems the humanoids there give off a gas when they're in love that has an adverse effect on their ozone layer, and for the sake of the survival of the planet, people have to stop being so happy. In hopes of finding a way to reverse this process, an exploratory force of three women is sent to the planet Earth, where research suggests most folks are heartbroken and miserable. Zoinx (Susan Ziegler), Zylar (Jackie Monahan) and Barr (Cynthia Kaplan) set out to find love that will go wrong, and Zoinx is the first to hook up, meeting Jane (Lisa Haas), a cheerful lesbian who works at a greeting card shop that a magnet for eccentrics. Despite Zoinx's odd behavior, Jane is happy to be in a relationship, which is good news for her but not so hot for Zoinx. Meanwhile, Zylar and Barr discover love with one another, which also doesn't fit the program, while all three Zotsians are tracked by a pair of American intelligence agents (Dennis Davis and Alex Karpovsky). Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same was the first feature film from writer and director Madeleine Olnek.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Science Fiction
- Run Time: 76min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/06/2012
- Distributor(s): The Film Collaborative
- Director(s): Madeleine Olnek
- Starring: Lisa Haas , Susan Ziegler , Jackie Monahan , Cynthia Kaplan , Dennis Davis
- Themes: Benign Aliens
- Tone: Campy,Humorous,Quirky,Sexy
- Keywords: attraction, heartbreak, lesbianism, misery, relationship, unhappiness
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (01-06-2012)
- Language: English