Plot & Details
Director Chris Schueler traces the courageous plight of Cody Unser, who was stricken with Transverse Myelitis and paralyzed from the chest down at age 12, and who has since gone on to wage a valiant battle against the debilitating neurological disorder. Refusing to be defined by her diagnoses and determined to help others who suffer from Transverse Myelitis, Cody founded Cody Unser First Step Foundation to raise funds for research. Though doctors warned Cody she may never walk again, she struggles every day to prove them wring while tirelessly lobbying Congress and state legislators to push for stem-cell research, which could prove crucial to her recovery.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 66min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/06/2009
- Director(s): Chris Schueler
- Starring: Cody Unser , Glenn Close
- Themes: Battling Illness,Finding the Cure,Living With Disability
- Keywords: paralysis,stem-cells,cure,medical-research,neurology
- Language: English