Plot & Details
Rock Hudson stars in this frothy romantic comedy as filthy-rich American Robert Talbot. Talbot owns an Italian villa, where he traditionally stays only one month out of the year (September), but when Talbot suddenly decides to show up in July, Talbot's major overseer Maurice (Walter Slezak) is shocked out of his skin to see him -- it seems that Maurice has turned Talbot's villa into a hotel for the remaining eleven months of the year. But it's July in Italy, and love is in the air, and Talbot becomes distracted by the beautiful Lisa (Gina Lollobrigida) and soon he is trying to prevent her from marrying another man. Sandra Dee and Bobby Darin (in his first screen role) play young guests of the villa.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 112min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/03/2005
- DVD Release Date: 05/06/2003
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Robert Mulligan
- Starring: Rock Hudson , Gina Lollobrigida , Sandra Dee , Bobby Darin , Walter Slezak
- Themes: Americans Abroad,Vacation Romances
- Tone: Humorous,Light
- Keywords: America,Italy,caregiver,con/scam,generation-gap,guest,love,millionaire,motel,newlywed,romance,surprise,villa
- Language: English