Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fan's Hope is director Morgan Spurlock's affectionate look at the high point of nerd culture, the annual Comic-Con in San Diego. Spurlock interviews a number of luminaries who attend the event annually (Stan Lee, Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon) and spotlights the stories of a handful of people going to the convention -- a comic-book salesman looking to move a book worth $500,000, a young man who plans on surprising his girlfriend with a marriage proposal during a Q&A with Kevin Smith, and a woman who spent a year creating costumes based on her favorite video game. The film played at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/06/2012
- Distributor(s): National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Wrekin Hill
Kang Se Young
- Tone: Light,Quirky,Whimsical
proposal, comic-book, convention, pop-culture, proposal [romantic], salesperson
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-06-2012)
- Language: English