Plot & Details
This two-part comedy consists of "Why Do We Have All These Brass Bands?" and "The Audition." In the former, two brass bands practice to compete in an honorary ceremony. The two units are made up of primarily elderly musicians, but each has a youthful member as well. When the two young musicians forego practice to attend a motorcycle race, they are kicked out of their respective bands. The two musicians simply join up with the rival units to compete in the upcoming competition at the ceremony. In "The Audition," two young teenage girls vie for a spot in a musical play. When the winner is stricken with stage fright, the second girl is slated to perform, amidst concerns over her supreme overconfidence.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/26/2008
- Director(s): Milos Forman
- Starring: Jan Vostrcil , Vladimir Pucholt , Jiri Suchy
- Tone: Satirical
- Keywords: band [music group], behind-the-scenes, competition, concert, elderly, motorcycle, music, performer, stage-fright, teenagers